Monday 17 November 2014

SecondHandFirst Week with TRAID

This week is secondhandfirst week, a celebration of secondhand clothing organised by TRAID.  There are lots of exciting events going on, including a darning workshop in Dalston with Tom of Holland... see here for an events list...
http://www.traid.org.uk/traid-events/

I will be wearing second hand clothes all week, and mending some too.

Monday's outfit is here:
Gran's handknit cardigan, urban outfitter jeans from the local charity shop, longsleeve which a friend no longer wanted.

Nothing in this outfit has been mended, all have come to me good as new.  However I customised the longsleeve to make a boat neck - it used to have a polo neck, I now use that tube of fabric as a hair band.  The cardigan is of particular significance as my gran taught me to knit and sew.  I have a lot of her cardigans (she didn't really knit other things) and I enjoy them as they remind me of her and that knitting an entire garment is possible (I have not yet managed it by myself! one day!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment